Disclosure: Brought to you by Mary Kay. All opinions are my own.
Hey there, friends!
You all know this girl loves to try new products, especially makeup products! I've never used Mary Kay® makeup before, which is why I was so excited to do this post! I just love trying new products and telling you about them!
Did you know that Mary Kay® is the official Beauty Sponsor of the 50th Annual Academy of Country Awards? You go Mary Kay®!
They gave me three country music-inspired looks to draw inspiration from: Queen of Country, All-American Girl, and Boho Beauty. As you can see, I picked Queen of Country!
To check out the other country music-inspired looks, visit the Mary Kay® Academy of Country Music Awards makeup looks page here.
There you will find some fabulous video tutorials, not only for Queen of Country but also for All-American Girl and Boho Beauty!
There are tons of inspirations and useful tips that celebrity makeup artist, Moani Lee shares, so go ahead and check that out!
This Queen of Country look is fun, confident and the plum smoky eyes just makes this look rock!
It's a makeup look you can wear day or night and the plum smoky eyes really complement any eye and skin color. It's such a pretty shade!
The nude lip gloss makes this look very wearable by adding the perfect wash of color to the lips.
Here's a before and after (yes, pregnancy has been fabulous on my complexion):
To achieve this sultry smoky look I used the following Mary Kay® products:
- Lash Primer
- Ultimate Mascara in Black
- Mineral Eye Color in Moonstone
- Mineral Eye Color in Sweet Plum
- Mineral Eye Color in Coal
- Eye Crease Brush
- Jet Black Eyeliner
- NouriShine Lip Gloss in Cafe Au Lait
- Mineral cheek Color in Strawberry Cream
Now I get to show you how easy it is to get this look!
1. Sweep the Sweet Plum eye shadow all over the lid and slightly take it into the crease. This is so that when you apply the black shadow it doesn't apply so stark and has something to blend into.
2. Using the Crease Brush take the Coal Mineral Eye Color and gently add it to the outer v area in small circular motions. Sweep whatever is left on the brush into the crease. This keeps most of the concentration in the outer v area.
3. Add Sweet Plum to the lower lash line and Coal just to the outer 2/3 of the lower lash line. Blend two shades together.
4. Use Moonstone to highlight underneath brows and the tear duct area. This will open up the eyes and make you look wide awake.
5. Apply the Jet Black Eyeliner very thinly and slightly wing it out.
6. Prime your lashes with one coat of Lash Primer and follow with two coats of Ultimate Mascara in Black.
I enjoyed this color combination so much, especially the Moonstone Mineral Eye Color! I love how wide awake it makes the eyes look!
1. Apply the Strawberry Cream blush to the apples of your cheeks and swipe it back towards the ear. Use soft pats instead of strokes to avoid a stark blush line.
2. Use Moonstone eye color as a highlight and apply it to the very tops of your cheekbones for an extra glow.
I love finding new uses for products and Moonstone really rocked as a highlight! I even applied it to the bridge of my nose!
1. Apply Cafe Au Lait Lip Gloss to your lips for color and shine.
Neutral lip glosses are my favorite because they are so versatile and can be used with a natural makeup look or something more dramatic like this.
Now go out and rock your Queen of Country look!
Well that was fun! It's not every day I get to wear a pretty smoky eye so it was definitely exciting breaking out of the norm!
Not to mention I enjoyed trying all the Mary Kay® makeup products! Thank you Mary Kay®!
Which of the three Academy of Country Music Awards looks do you like best: Queen of Country, All-American Girl, or Boho Beauty? Leave a comment below letting me know to enter for a chance to win a Mary Kay® prize pack!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 3/30/2015 – 4/30/2015
Be sure to visit Mary Kay’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!