Why miss a post?
Follow Restoration Beauty and always be updated on all the fun!
I knew I HAD to do this the minute I found it on Pinterest!
I was in search of some cute and quick Valentine's Day art and this was PERFECT!
Not only is it cute, but it's also a keepsake!!
I read the tutorial and discovered it checked off the musts off my list: easy, quick and cute!
What You Need:
- Card stock
- Paint of your choice and color (I used acrylic)
- Frame to display your pretty little art
- And of course the fingers of those you love
Mine only cost me under $2!!
$1 for a frame at the dollar store that I spray painted black and 60 cents for the card stock at hobby lobby!
Yes, I was one happy girl.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR FINGERPRINT HEART VALENTINE'S DAY ART
1. Take the finger you are using (I used everyone's index) and apply some paint to the bottom of it. Use as much paint as you want. You can use less for a more faded look. As you can see, I was very liberal with the paint and went for a saturated look instead.
2. Place the finger on top of your card stock like so....
Yes, I took these pictures AFTER my art was displayed but you still get the picture.
3. And then like so...
4. Go down all fingerprints of your family members and allow to dry!
5. Write down all their names next to their fingerprint heart. I also wrote down the year on the side of the card stock.
Put in a frame and enjoy!
This is my favorite heart...
I wish I could just put my little cutie in a time capsule and keep her this little forever (creepy?) but since I can't this keepsake will do for now..
Speaking of Valentine's Day, how does your family celebrate?
I've never been really big on this day, not because I've had a traumatic experience or anything, it's just not a big deal to me. Never has.
We usually go out to eat as a family just like we do any other family date night.
I'd rather my hubby take me to Hobby Lobby with a loaded gift card in hand than buy me chocolates or roses. That's just me.
Anyone else with me?
Will be partying here: MONDAY: I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Give Me The Goods Monday, Home Coming. TUESDAY: Coastal Charm, Not Just A Housewife, Blooming Homestead, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Clean and Scentsible, Love Grows Wild WEDNESDAY: The Happy Housie, My Girlish Whims,Ginger Snap Crafts . THURSDAY: House of Hepworths, Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Somewhat Simple. FRIDAY: Dear Creatives, The Best Blog Recipes, Diana Rambles, Chic On A Shoestring, Six Sisters Stuff, Liz Marie Blog, Tatertots & Jello , The Pin Junkie, Making Home Base. SATURDAY: Reasons To Skip The Housework, The Girl Creative. SUNDAY: Life On Lakeshore Drive, Suburbs Mama