I realize the title of this post is a total oxymoron. But hey, that's what makes it fun, right? That, and we have to admit (at least I'd like to think I'm not the only one) we don't have perfect skin and we need a little complexion booster even on some of our ordinary days.
On this particular day, I was home most of the day cleaning, blogging and organizing but had an evening marriage class at my church that I didn't want to just show up sans makeup and startle everyone. At the same time I didn't want to (or have the time to) get all dolled up.
So I turned to my no makeup, makeup look. Translation: the way I wish I looked without any makeup on!
It's fast, natural and easy (no fancy tricks this time!)
But best of all, you will look AND feel good because it still makes a difference!
Check out the difference it makes for me:
I love how it's just natural looking...it's my skin but WAY better!
And here are the easy steps to get there!
1. Apply a tinted moisturizer (I used my DIY tinted moisturizer): this isn't about slathering it on, but rather just lightly evening out your skin tone. I didn't even bother to dot extra product over blemishes like I normally do. You want your skin to show through!
2. Conceal dark and red areas: for me that's all around my eyes, around my nose and mouth. I didn't conceal scars.
3. LIGHTLY set everything with a powder: take it easy on this step or you'll defeat the whole "no makeup" look.
4. Apply bronzer and blush: I applied bronzer to the hallows of my cheeks, forehead, sides of nose and jawline and blush to just the apples of my cheeks.
5. OPTIONAL: Apply a brown eyeliner to 2/3 of your upper lash-line and smudge it (harsh lines aren't natural!)
6. Add a little definition to your crease by lightly applying an eyeshadow that's no more than a couple shades darker than your skin tone.
*Tip: you can use your bronzer
7. Apply a thin layer of mascara and curl lashes.
8. Fill in your brows.
9. Apply a natural shade of lipgloss..and you are set!
I took a couple pictures in front of some windows so you can see what it looks like in natural lighting:
Have you ever done the "no makeup" look?
You can also check out my 5 minute makeup look or visit my beauty page for all my beauty looks and tips!
Fun daily facts 6-9-13:
- I tackled my very first staining project! Turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would!
- Took Lily to the Library (which she loves) so she could check out more books for her summer reading program.
- I must find a way to get my hands on an ocean and a sailboat, which my daughter requested this morning. Anyone know where I can get a 2 for 1 deal?
- I've been getting super sleepy around 5-ish, which isn't working for me since that's when I have to get dinner ready and then work on any projects (if not a church day). I of course, suppress the feeling, suck it up and keep moving forward (Lily watched Meet The Robinson's today).
How was your Tuesday?