Okay, so who else is totally in love with the mason jar soap dispensers that have been circling the web for quite a while? Don't blame ya! They're adorable and add the perfect farmhouse touch to any kitchen!
I've even seen these babies in some online home stores for $25 a pop! But, did I pay $25 for mine? Nope. I actually paid $0 because I already had everything I needed to create my own mason jar soap dispenser!
If you want to make your own, here's what you need:
- mason jar with lid (or any glass jar you like- mine is a Classico spaghetti sauce jar)
- soap or lotion pump (you can even use plastic ones!)
- super glue
- a drill
- spray paint color of your choice
And here's what you do:
- spray paint your lid and soap pump in whatever color you fancy (I painted mine a glossy black)
- drill a hole on the mason jar lid big enough for your soap pump to be inserted
- glue the rim of the soap pump to the lid so it doesn't go anywhere (I actually didn't have to do this since it was such a tight fit)
- fill your bottle with your favorite hand soap, dish soap or lotion and enjoy!
Here's what mine looked like before I spray painted the lid and pump.
My soap pump is a little short for this jar so I will eventually have to insert a straw into it. That, or always keep if filled!
I love the fact that these $2 Classico spaghetti sauce jars are mason jars!
They even have ounces marked on two of the sides!
It's been a couple of weeks since I made this and I am so loving it! I'm even thinking of making a smaller one to hold my lotion.
What do you think? Is this something you'd like to make, or are you thinking, "Way ahead of you, Selene. I already have mine on my kitchen counter!"
Sometimes, it's okay to be a follower!
You can follow me here:
You can follow me here:
Will be partying here: MONDAY: I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Give Me The Goods Monday, TUESDAY: Coastal Charm, Not Just A Housewife, Blooming Homestead, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Clean and Scentsible.Housewife How To's, Love Grows Wild WEDNESDAY: DIY Crafty Projects, My Girlish Whims, Hairspray and High Heels,Ginger Snap Crafts . THURSDAY: House of Hepworths, Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Somewhat Simple. FRIDAY: Dear Creatives, The Best Blog Recipes, Diana Rambles, Chic On A Shoestring, Six Sisters Stuff. SATURDAY: The Gingerbread Blog, Or So She Says (One She Two She), While He Was Napping, Sassy Little Lady, The Girl Creative. SUNDAY: Life On Lakeshore Drive, Suburbs Mama