Do you love candles as much as I do? Of course you do! Do you want to know what I love best about a candle? The jar. Yup, its' true. That glass jar that houses that awesome smelling candle you burn daily can be useful even after all your wax melts! Pretty cool, huh?
Today, I will show you the 2 ways I've repurposed my candle jars!
The first is my favorite: As cotton and q-tip holders for the bathroom!
Check out the before & after:
All I did was clean out the jars (demonstrated towards end of this post), added some knobs to the lids and spray painted the knobs and lids with a silver metallic.
Easy enough, right? Ugh...YEAH!!!
The second way I use my candle jars is as a brush holder:
After cleaning the jar, I just filled it with some pebbles to keep my brushes in place! And there's no need to do anything to the lid!
This is the super easy way I remove the wax and clean my jars:
1. When your candle is all out of burning time, put it in the freezer overnight.
2. The next morning, take a butter knife and run it around the edges. The wax should come loose easily; but as you can see this wax in particular was a bit stubborn... I had to dig into the middle section of the wax for it to eventually come loose.
Once you remove all the wax, you will be left with a grimy candle jar that looks like this:
4. But after you clean it with hot water and soap you will have this clean and sparkling beauty:
Tip: If you have stubborn areas that won't give up the wax residue, simply take a cotton ball with some alcohol and rub away! This always does the trick for me!
Now you have a clean jar to repurpose as you see fit!
Other uses for candle jars:
1. You can store pasta or other dry goods.
2. Lipstick/Lipgloss holder (pretty much anything makeup holder)
3. You can use the smaller jars to store bobby pins or hair ties.
3. Craft storage for buttons, ribbons, pins..
4. For storing candy
5. Money saving jar
And I'm sure you can think of so many more ways to use these! The possibilities are quite endless!
What items do you like to repurpose?
Will be linking up to these amazing parties:
MONDAY: I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Give Me The Goods Monday, TUESDAY: Coastal Charm, Not Just A Housewife, Blooming Homestead, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Clean and Scentsible.Housewife How To's, Love Grows Wild WEDNESDAY: DIY Crafty Projects, My Girlish Whims, Hairspray and High Heels,Ginger Snap Crafts . THURSDAY: House of Hepworths, Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Somewhat Simple. FRIDAY: Dear Creatives, The Best Blog Recipes, Diana Rambles, Chic On A Shoestring. SATURDAY: The Gingerbread Blog, Or So She Says (One She Two She), While He Was Napping, Sassy Little Lady, The Girl Creative. SUNDAY: Life On Lakeshore Drive, Suburbs Mama