You may want to follow me on Bloglovin!
Welcome to another segment of Organization Made Simple! Today, the bathroom takes center stage and I will be giving you tips and ideas on how to organize your bathroom essentials.
Organizing doesn't have to be complicated. It just has to be about what works for you and your family. You will save yourself a lot of time and effort when everything has a place and remains in that place after use. I guess that could be my #1 Tip!
Before I begin blabbing off (or typing away) with tips, here is how our master bathroom stays organized:
We have a double vanity with cabinets under each sink and 3 drawers in the middle.
Let me be totally predictable and begin with the top drawer:
- This is where I store what gets used the most: toothpaste (toothbrushes are on countertop), floss, deodorant my daily hair essentials and chapstick.
- I use plastic bins (that I spray painted metallic) to keep everything in its rightful place and not have one big mess! You can also use drawer dividers. To see how you can make your very own wooden dividers, click here.
Our second drawer holds all of our (okay, mine) hair products. I also keep our brushes, shaving cream and a lint roller in this baby.
- I use this canvas bin I purchased at a dollar store to keep things separated and from rolling around everywhere.
Third (and final) drawer:
-Another bin purchased at the dollar store holds extra essential I like to keep on hand. And yes, I have Elmer's glue in the bathroom. It serves as my DIY biore strips!
- The middle bin holds all of my feminine products.
- And the narrow bin in the front just has my DIY Eyemakeup Remover and a bottle of vitamin E oil that I like to use around my eyes before I go to bed.
Under my sink I store (from left to right):
- my makeup (you can check out my makeup organization post here)
- my hair tools (blow dryer and flat iron)
- My nail essentials which mainly consists of nail polish! I purchased these stackable bins from a dollar store a looooong time ago but I still see them around.
And finally, my hubby's "under the sink" just stores good ol' cleaning products.
- I keep my DIY Cleaners, which are the ones I use the mos,t in this dollar store plastic tote.
Oh yeah, there's also this cabinet we have over the toilet where I keep lotions, creams, mouthwash and facial products (in roped can). Although, I am desperate of getting rid of this ugly thing and replacing it with some pretty shelves!
Oh, and in case you are wondering, I keep extra toilet paper in the hallway closet and I just always make sure that there is a spare roll on top of the toilet.
Let's move on to the tips that will help you keep an organized and tidy bathroom!
How to keep the bathroom organized:
1. Have a place for EVERYTHING! I realize I already said that, but I think it's worth repeating. Also make sure that everything gets put back into it's little home after each use- No matter what!
2. Get rid of clutter. Go through each drawer and cabinet in your bathroom and toss what you don't use, is empty or don't need/love. You will be amazed how much new space you have after you purge your belongings!
3. Use bins, storage boxes (you can even make your own, check it out here), and drawer dividers to avoid one big jumbled mess.
4. Store what you use most often like toothpaste, deodorant, and other essentials in the top drawer for easy access, then work your way down in the order things are used.
If you have any additional tips, tricks or ideas, please leave them in the comment section below!
I respond to all comments via email so if your settings are not set to "no reply" you will be hearing back from me! We can also stay connected via Bloglovin, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
Will be linking up to these fabulous parties:
MONDAY: I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Give Me The Goods Monday, TUESDAY: Coastal Charm, Not Just A Housewife, Blooming Homestead, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Clean and Scentsible.Housewife How To's, Love Grows Wild WEDNESDAY: DIY Crafty Projects, My Girlish Whims, Hairspray and High Heels,Ginger Snap Crafts . THURSDAY: House of Hepworths, Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Somewhat Simple. FRIDAY: Dear Creatives, The Best Blog Recipes, Diana Rambles, Chic On A Shoestring. SATURDAY: The Gingerbread Blog, Or So She Says (One She Two She), While He Was Napping, Sassy Little Lady, The Girl Creative. SUNDAY: Life On Lakeshore Drive, Suburbs Mama