Oh, mascara, mascara...how I love thee. I could seriously write a sonnet on mascara, and it would be full of passion and feeling. That's how much I adore a good mascara!
Let's face it, a mascara that lengthens and adds volume without clumping is hard to come by. And when it does, companies seem to get a kick out of discontinuing it just when you swore you found your "soul mate" mascara. Very annoying.
But, like the saying goes: good things come to those who wait.....and wait.....and wait. And in my "waiting" I finally came across a mascara that was worthy of repurchasing in the course of 2 years (and there is no sign of it being discontinued in the near future, at least not to my knowledge). So, I'd like to share with you my favorite drugstore mascara (thus far): L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black (not to be mistaken with the regular L'oreal Voluminous. Carbon Black is not only the color but part of the name).
Here it is in all its glory, minus me, the wannabe model:
Why do I adore this mascara so much that I would repurchase it over and over for at least 2 years, you may ask?
1. It lengthens my lashes dramatically without giving me the spidery, unnatural effect.
2. It's build-able: you can apply one coat and have a very natural effect or apply 3 coats for more dramat. *My tip, however, is to not let the mascara dry between coats. I find I have a better outcome when doing my coats back to back.
3. Adds very nice volume to my lashes and makes it appear that I have more lashes than I actually do:
4. Is applied with little to no clumps and it doesn't flake on me (my biggest pet peeve in mascaras!)
5. It separates and defines my lashes quite nicely:
6.. The wand is the old school type brush, not the new rubber bristles some makeup companies have come out with. In my opinion, this type of mascara brush is best for volumizing. I also appreciate that the wand comes out with just the perfect amount of product and isn't overloaded with goob:
I will be repurchasing this mascara so long it's on the shelves!
That's all folks!
You can find this mascara at pretty much any drugstore and is usually under $6, depending on where you live.
If you have a mascara (drugstore or high-end) that you are really into, I'd love to hear about it!