I love checklists. I don't know what's more fun, writing them out or checking them off, but checklists are definitely on my top favorite things to do list....I know, I'm weird. Now, if they could only do the things I write on them for me then I would be set!
When I was a little girl I would write down "go to school" on my to do list (like I had a choice, right?), along with "play" and" take a shower". Hey, I was only 8 and those things were important to me; education, fun time and cleanliness. I guess I should say they still are important so you don't get the impression I'm an uneducated, dirty, party pooping kinda girl.
Because of my obsession with checklists, I had been wanting to buy a small white dry erase board to put on the fridge. But I like to stay organized in style and nothing says BORING more than a plain white board. Ever since my addiction to Pinterest began, I've really grown quite fond of the idea of customizing things in my home. So upon my browsing through the Pinterest DIY and Crafts section one day, I came across a blog (Orangie's Attic) that showed how to make a dry erase board out of a frame. It was perfect! It's quick, easy, inexpensive and creative. You can check out that blog here.
As for my interpretation of the project, it goes something like this:
You will need:
- An empty frame (Use one you already own or buy one at a Dollar Tree or discount store- you can always spray paint the frame to customize it even more).
- Magnets (Make sure you get enough to hold your frame up; or you can buy the big magnet sheets that cover the whole back of the frame).
- A very strong glue- I used Gorilla Glue (You definitely don't want your frame falling and glass all over your kitchen floor).
- Fabric of your choice- cut to fit the size of your frame (You can also use scrapbook paper, gift-wrapping paper, a gift bag with a nice pattern, your children's artwork...pretty much anything you can cut and fit in the frame).
|These are the magnets I found at Joanne's for under $2! I would have bought the magnet sheets but they were out.|
|Now all you have to do is get your organizing on baby!|
Other things you can use this board for:
- To leave nice little notes for your loved ones
- Remind the hubby to take out the trash
- Write down the food items you run out of
- Draw smiley faces
- Draw angry faces
- Play hangman
- Whatever floats your boat....I'm sticking to my checklists!
This project is linked to the following link parties: